Thailand tourism trade hails success of We Travel Together scheme

The Tourism Authority of Thailand hailed the success of its We Travel Together scheme after holidaymakers rushed to e-book hotels through the newest part of the programme.
Within simply Zany of the hotel subsidy programme’s availability, a exceptional 112,876 room nights have been reserved out of the 560,000 out there, demonstrating a excessive level of demand.
According to Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn, the whole worth of transactions throughout this time amounted to a powerful 443 million baht, with a median booking rate of 300 per minute, Bangkok Post reported. It’s worth noting that 40% of the entire value, or 170 million baht, was offered by the government subsidy, whereas the remaining 60% (273 million baht) was paid by the purchasers themselves.
Yuthasak said…
“The quantity of bookings confirmed there’s pent-up demand for the subsequent one-two months in addition to sturdy purchasing power.
“The strong demand is partially due to an easing in Covid-19 infections, which encouraged locals to plan leisure journeys or visit their hometown through the Songkran vacation in April.
“The 500 hotels added for the fifth phase of the scheme provide travellers with higher choice, whereas the quick duration (ending in April) and the limited number of privileges, at lower than one million, accelerated people’s purchases.
“Although key locations similar to Chiang Mai and Bangkok have excessive levels of air air pollution in the intervening time, bookings for those destinations have been strong as tourists haven’t postponed or cancelled their journeys.”

The Thai government launched the primary part of the We Travel Together subsidy programme in July 2020. The previous 4 phases of the scheme had a budget of 27 billion baht and generated over forty nine billion baht for the native economy by way of 11.5 million room nights.
The lately launched fifth section, with a finances of two billion baht, is predicted to generate 9.2 billion baht in direct earnings and contribute to an estimated financial influence of 58.6 billion baht throughout all phases.
The constructive impression of the subsidy programme on the domestic tourism business is evident in the latest information released by the Tourism and Sports Ministry.
In January 2023, there was a significant improve in home journeys, with 15.8 million trips recorded, representing a 65% development in comparison with the same interval last year. This resulted in a revenue improve of 47.3% for native tourists, reaching 70 million baht.
The top five provinces that welcomed the very best number of guests were Bangkok, Chon Buri, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, and Phetchaburi.
Overall, the We Travel Together programme has performed an important role in stimulating the home tourism industry and boosting the native economic system..

Leave a Comment