Sudan invitations tenders for consultants for solar PV irrigation venture

The government of Sudan has launched tender in search of consultants to help in the implementation of an irrigation challenge in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The project includes installation of 1,a hundred and seventy photo voltaic irrigation pumps within the country. Successful consultants will present engineering and supervision services, design of solar water pumping systems, according to the necessities of every farm.
The companies will also provide help to the irrigation venture implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works associated to the installation and commissioning of the solar pumps. The companies will also help the project implementation unit via technical and financial supervision to guarantee that all works are carried out according to the contract specifications. The consultants may also participate in the development actions and in the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising efficiency of solar-powered pumping methods

Erratic rainfall

The solar pumps shall be put in in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states where erratic rainfall is generally experienced because of the arid climate and local weather change, with a adverse impact on agricultural yields, based on the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new equipment shall be used to pump groundwater. In addition to food safety, the venture aims to minimize back farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are harmful to human health and the setting. Interested companies have till September 14th, 2021 to apply.
The irrigation venture is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). pressure gauge ลม remaining 25% might be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment signifies that the installation of the solar pumps might be completed by December 31st, 2025.
Share

Leave a Comment